Saturday, March 16, 2013

IT Cosmetics Vitality Lip Flush in Je Ne Sais Quoi

The shade that I was supposed to get with my Showstopper was Damsel, but instead I found Je Ne Sais Quoi in my package. I didn't find it enough of an issue to send everything back; there is always a future order to acquire Damsel.

The literal meaning of Je ne Sais Quoi is "I don't know what"... well at least that's what Google told me :) It's a very pale pink tube of lip product, which doesn't give much away with regards to what it will look like when applied. However as other IT Cosmetic products which I love, it is made up of a whole lot of delicious ingredients.

First and foremost is something called "IT Cosmetics Hydra-Luxe™ Technology", which obviously hydrates your lips and while at it, it's supposed to minimize the appearance of lip lines and wrinkles :) Moreover it also contains plum oil, cherry oil, shea butter, aloe,  jojoba, Vitamins A, C, E, Acai, Green Tea and White Tea to nourish, condition, and help protect our lips  from free-radicals. Of course being the wonderful lip product that it is, it does not contain any talc, parabens, sulfates, mineral oils, petrolatums, synthetic fragrances, or phthalates. Finally it is also hypo-allergenic and non-comedogenic.

Now first thing about this product. The formula is a bit soft and as you can see from the picture below, after a few wears and careless application my lipstick is leaning towards one side, and rubs up and down each time I use it. Sort of like my Fresh lip balms.
 However the formula is wonderful. Buttery, balm-like, moisturizing. It glides on, and makes your lips shiny and supple without any stickiness. As for the color a pretty shade of pink.
At first it glides on clear. But like few other products currently on the market, it sort of reacts with your skin chemistry and turns a shade of pink.  I think a very wearable shade as well. There is nothing fushia or hot pink about it; and I think it would play well with any skin tone.
So if you haven't already gathered, I'm loving this product. Not as much as my Givenchy lip balm, but it's up there.  At $20 a tube it's much more pocket friendly, and practically a steal when included in a Showstopper :) Jamie I'm looking forward to your next one :)

No comments:

Post a Comment