Tuesday, April 30, 2013

CHANEL: Beige Petale - nail polish swatch

Ahhh Finally!!! Finally the hot mess that were my splitting nails is over... My nails have always been a source of frustration for me. I have a little nail polish collection, 296 a the time this post is going up, and have not worn any in almost a year.

I will do a separate post on what I think finally put my nails to rights... or maybe a video... or both; but today is a nail polish swatch day. I chose Chanel's Beige Petale, because of it's delicate color. Since I have not worn nail paint in quite some time, I'm out of practice, and this color looked forgiving if I strayed out of bounds :)

What I used in order of application:
Butter London Horse Power Nail Fertilizer - 1 coat, base
Chanel Beige Petale - 2 coats, color
Deborah Lippmann Boom Boom Pow - 1 coat, accent on my ring finger
Sche Vite - 1 coat, top coat
Zoay Hurry Up - a drop on each nail, drying drops
 A close up of the color... although I do realize that if you're even remotely a fan of nail polish you have seen it and know about it... and I'm not showing you anything new :)
 Beige Petale is what I would classify as a bridal color. It very light and sheer. With two coats you can easily see my nail line.
 But I do love it. Firstly because it's such a delicate shade. Mistakes hard to spot. An every occasion appropriate kind of color; if you can even call this a color :)
 The consistency of this polish was also quite wonderful.  It applied easily, spread evenly, and did not bubble.
Now I just hope I did not celebrate too soon, and once I take this off, my nails will stay in one layer... I want to put the whole splitting mess behind me. Keeping my fingers crossed :)

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty! There's always something fun and unexpected with pairing a neutral with a glitter. :-)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete