Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar in Memento and Clear

My sister and I had a makeover at Sephora a few weeks back. This lip product was used on me, and I liked it so much I decided to acquire it.  Every single time I happened to be at Sephora I would always swatch a few of the shades from this range, but could never decide on one. Plus they never had any of the clear (transparent yellow) in stock, and the instructions inside state to use it first to prep your pucker. So I always ended up walking away empty handed.
On that special makeover day as luck would have it, there was one last clear Lip Tar on the shelves... a sure sign I was supposed to buy it :)  Each lip tar comes in it's own individual ziplock pouch with a lip brush.
As I already mentioned instructions for application are included as well.
I absolutely love that this product is vegan... love, love, love. I is also incredibly pigmented. You need a tiny dab for extreme payoff; and that equals value for your buck. A single tube will last for months and months...

Below a tiny dot of Memento...
Dot smoothed out with a brush...
And some on my lips. Now this doesn't really photograph well, it looks better with a little distance than up close. But I had a visitor on my face that day and didn't feel like sharing it.  Regardless, I must say I have strong feelings for Memento; it's a very lovely shade. My sister describes it as "Stepford Wives", I'm partial to "Real Housewives of Miami" (new season starts on April 16th up here, can't wait for those crazy bitches)  :)
Memento is described as neutral pink-plum and with flash it does photograph a touch lighter than it actually is.  It has great wear time and feels quite comfortable, not sticky, gloppy, or heavy. 

I'm looking forward to trying a few more shades of Lip Tar from OCC.

No comments:

Post a Comment