Thursday, May 23, 2013

CHANEL Stylo Eyeshadow in Moon River #07

L'Ete Papillon de Chanel collection for summer 2013 is quite beautiful. I really wanted a yellow mascara, but I know I'd never use it, it would just sit in my drawer drying up... so I let that one go. Being mindful of my spending I limited myself to only one polish and one eyeshadow pen from the collection... then two more nail polishes, because it's been a while.

Presenting below my stylo eyeshadow choice, Moon River. I swatched all at the counter, was tempted by the blue as well, but then decided on #07 as the one I will get the most wear out of.
The shadow is absolutely gorgeous, and at $36 CAD a pop, I'd expect nothing less. It is extremely smooth and buttery in consistency, and weightless when applied on the lid.  I apply this directly to my lid, there is no pulling or tugging, the color just glides on.
and the color is rather gorgeous... a taupe-bronze-grey neutral platinum shade
a metallic shade that is perfect just by itself all over the lid or as an accent...
gorgeous in any light...
and it holds up well throughout the day as well...
It is water based, which has me worried that it might dry out pretty quickly. However since I only have one, I plan on using it up before that ever happens :)

2 comments:

  1. You are so right- that color is so gorgeous it looks good in any light. I bet it looks fantastic on your lids!! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete