Thursday, May 2, 2013

Givenchy Le Rouge in Rose Dressing #202

I was at Sephora during one of the 15% off sale days. I purchased a couple of times, and browsed quite a bit. I spent a chunk of my time at the new Givenchy display where all their new lip shades were displayed. It was instant love for me with one of the colors... but I couldn't bring myself to buy it.. One it retails for $38 CAD... and two the case is leather... yup real genuine leather; and I just can't stand it. 

I don't like the way it looks, I don't like the fact that it's most likely a major factor in price. I don't need or want my lipstick to have a leather case... I did not and will not pay for it... no matter how much I adore that shade.

At the checkout, I received this Givenchy envelope.
 Inside it, a sample of one of the new lipstick colors. You can see the leather packaging in the image.
 I flip it over to find that it's a sample of the color I fell in love with.
 Peel back the sticker to reveal this gorgeous shade. Not a lot of it...
 I just can't get over how gorgeous it is...
 I like the creamy texture of this lipstick...
 It has no taste or smell that I detect; and feels very light on the lips. It also has a matte finish. I know in my photos the color appears a bit shiny... but I think this maybe because I photographed shortly after application. Because this is beautifully, comfortably matte.
I love this color... and can only hope that maybe Givenchy will re-release it in different packaging... slim chance :)

No comments:

Post a Comment