Monday, May 27, 2013

La Prairie Advanced Marine Biology Foaming Mousse Cleanser

To date this is the most expensive cleanser I have ever bought. Curiosity over this line just got the better of me and I could resist no longer. It might be the most expensive cleanser for me, but it is one of the cheapest items this line has to offer :) The packaging is a bit excessive, which I shared in my youtube video here, but maybe the unwrapping process is part of the experience :)

So, I've had this cleanser since January, and I think enough time has passed that it is time to share what I think of it. First the packaging... one of my fave forms... an upside-down squeeze tube. It just gives me that reassurance that the product keeps shifting all the time towards the opening and none will remain clinging to the sides...

I've had this cleanser for quite some time, but I still have plenty left. So maybe the price isn't so ridiculous once that is factored in. I use this once a day, in the evening with my Clarisonic, after I have pre-cleansed my face with my fave oil cleanser.

Since I wear a full face of makeup everyday and I am severely prone to acne breakouts, I want a rich effective yet gentle cleanser at the end of my day to help sanitize and clean my skin without any irritation.  Simply because while my skintone continues to be uneven I will continue to wear foundation + bronzer + blush + eyeshadow + mascara + + +.... :)... even if it wasn't I'd still wear it... I love makeup

The consistency of this cleaner is rich and creamy. A luxuriously pearly smooth consistency that foams up to a rich lather. It has a scent that at first I found unexpected... strong and perfumey... nothing marine like about it.  After 60 seconds with my Clarisonic and this, my face is left feeling so clean. At first I though "ooops stripped" but no, not that extreme... it never became dehydrated, or sensitive... but it does have that bright, clean feeling to it.
Overall no regrets with the purchase, quite happy with it actually. But I don't want to repeat it yet. While this delivered on all my expectations, there is just too much temptation out there :)

4 comments:

  1. Great review! This sounds really nice x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. agreed, a splurge-worthy treat :)

      Delete
  2. This does sound beautiful - I've only tried one La Prairie product (a serum) and was also hooked!

    Nic x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha it's so easy to love it so hard to buy it :) I've been admiring one of their products from afar... I don't know if I'll ever be able to spend $600 on it.... so far playing weekly lotto hasn't been paying off :)

      Delete