Saturday, May 4, 2013

Living Proof Amp² Instant Texture Volumizer

I keep my hair very short. I almost never blow dry it, and it requires minimal styling. But I do like to texturize it with something each morning, to add some definition and ooomph. On one of my visits to Sephora I traded in 100 points for a tiny pot of living proof amp². It was a "YES, YES, YES!!!" on first try... this product is soooo good. When the 15% off sale came around, I purchased myself a full sized version.
Instructions on the back, explain it all. Simple, straightforward and to the point.
The texture of this stuff isn't waxy, as I expected from a texturizer, it's creamy. Like something you'd slap on your face not your hair.  I also adore the scent, it has that delicious Bergamont fragrance.

It also does not contain any silicones, oils, parabens, sulfates, or phthalates... which I suppose is a good thing, although I really don't know what kind of detrimental effect it would have made to my hair, if it did contain some or all of them.
The short instructional pamphlet contained inside, is informative as well entertaining.
I learned that this is suitable for short hair...
as well as long tresses...
and it's even suitable for men!!!!... that's the funny part, why wouldn't it be?
Now the way I use this, is I grab a small dollop and emulsify between my hands, then I muss through my hair, until it stands in every direction possible, then I style it into something more acceptable.

My hair is short and fine, and this does not weigh it down at all. It actually helps to keep the volume. My style lasts a whole day, and it's easily reformed/ restyled anytime. Now the product claims to keep your hair pliable for 48 hours, but I wash my hair daily. It's just a compulsion I can't break, so I can't confirm or deny.

This stuff does not give your hair that wet look when applied (I think in my video I said "shiny").. but I meant wet. It's just really, really wonderful.

4 comments:

  1. Ahhh I so need this in my life! My hair is always so flat and boring, this sounds amazing xx

    Gemma ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is... i want to try their volume shampoos as well :)

      Delete
  2. That sounds really good, I like that it doesn't contain silicone nor weight the hair down, thanks for the great review :)

    ReplyDelete