Thursday, June 13, 2013

CHANEL Stylo Yeux Waterproof Long Lasting Eyeliner in Beryl #102

This one of those products you hear about, see online, and think "I need that". So you go out and buy it, use it, and realize "I really didn't need that".

I have very ambivalent feelings towards this pencil. On one hand there is nothing wrong with it, it's very pretty... on the other, what the heck was I thinking buying this!? It doesn't really do anything for me.
Maybe if I was a professional makeup artist, or a gifted photographer, I would appreciate the value of this pencil and it's ability to brighten up the eye. But as an ordinary girl, with an ordinary face, who uses this for her ordinary daily life, well I just don't get it.
And maybe it's because I have only one use for this pencil. To line my lower waterline each morning. When I do I barely discern any difference, and the next time I look at my face int he mirror (approx 2 hours later), I have blinked it all away and  it is gone.  I suppose not all of my CHANEL purchases can be winners :)
This is just one of those beautiful, expensive items, that I should have thought harder about before opening my wallet :) I hope to use it up, but this wasn't a wise purchase at all...

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for the honest review! Those "brightening" liners always tend to disappear very quickly on my waterline as well. Have you tried using them on your tear ducts? Are they creamy enough to use on the browbone? Hope you can find more use out of it, especially given the price.

    --Mari :)
    bluchiffon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the tip, I will definitely try this on my tear ducts... and I don't think I will use this on my brow bone... i don't find this pencil to be very creamy

      Delete
  2. Such a great colour! I like it! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too :) I'm looking forward to layering it :)

      Delete
  3. Hi there,I've been looking for Beryl. If you want, I'd be happy to buy it from you. Feel free to contact me at www.faceandcrown.com.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Connie, unfortunately I have already given this pencil away.

      Delete
  4. Hi there, I've been looking for Beryl. If you don't have a need for it, I'd be happy to buy it from you. Feel free to contact me via www.faceandcrown.com. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete