Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Deborah Lippmann: Whatever Lola Wants - nail polish swatch .... and "I Read..." Video

Another DL color in my possession is Whatever Lola Wants. This shade is a result of the collaboration between Kelly Ripa and DL... in case you are not aware Lola is Kelly's daughter.

I've had this color for quite some time now, and I no longer remember if I bought it or if my husband did. But I am 99% sure that this color was chosen by my husband. I am not one to gravitate towards sheer shimmery pink/lavender colors. But there you have it, I own one.

Moving on to the mani products in order of application:
Essie First Base - base coat
Deborah Lippmann Whatever Lola Wants - color, 3 coats
Lancome Disco Silver - accent on my ring finger
Deborah Lippmann On a Clear Day - top coat
Zoya Hurry Up - drying drops
This color was a b*!@h to photograph with flash. It is the most shimmery shade ever, that reflects flash and becomes a blinding light bulb in the pictures :) Out of the dozens I took I think 2 were worth sharing.
Whatever Lola Wants is very sheer, but it applies so evenly and smoothly, that I was ok with layering 3 coats on. I think I could have done 2 more to achieve total opacity, but I was really happy with the look after 3.
Photographing this during daytime, under overcast skies, was a much better experience, and the images show the color more accurately. A very intensely shiny silvery-white-light-pink :) Whatever it is that give this color this great shimmer is so fine, there is no gritty texture. Once the polish dries down, your nails feel perfectly smooth.
This is a fairy world color. Dreamy iridescent gorgeousness. I wonder how did Kelly and DL come up with it :) Lancome's Disco Silver sort of blends in on my ring finger... and I kind of like that. The accent that's there but not really.
One coat of WLW is so sheer it is completely transparent, and since this polish spreads smoothly and evenly I think I will be reaching for WLW a lot to accent other opaque shades I have. You'll see it here when I do :)

 And as a little bonus, a video of me rambling on about a book I read. Loved the book.

7 comments:

  1. Really pretty on you! I'm kind of jealous, actually. I wanted to love this polish so badly because of the name, but it just doesn't look great on me.

    Love the accent, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahaha I know what you mean i bought my namesake polish from Zoya just because it's called Lucy... I have no love for the shade :)

      Delete
  2. It's very pretty! And the sheerness and silver shimmers add an ethereal quality to it. :)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahhhh yes, that's a perfect description, thank you :)

      Delete
  3. Such a pretty polish! It looks so fairy-like! :)

    Ria x
    NatuRiaBeauty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your nails look gorgeous!! Love this!! <3

    Kendra

    www.beautybykendrac.com

    ReplyDelete