Monday, June 24, 2013

Hourglass Immaculate Liquid Powder Foundation Mattifying Oil Free

I acquired this while we (my husband and  I) were in Vegas, 3 months ago. There are 3 Sephora stores that we visited while there, and everysingle time I was drawn to this product. By the end of our trip, I succumbed and forked over $55 USD ($64 CAD) and got myself a bottle in Pearl.

The packaging is heavy opaque glass. There is no way to tell how much product is left. The pump came separate, but one was included. For that price I would be outraged it it wasn't :)
The product is a bit thick and some days my nozzle does get clogged. But I don't find that a great inconvenience, just something of note.
This foundation  is aimed for oily skin types, and those who are acne prone. It goes on matte, super velvety and full coverage. It sets quickly. I work with small amounts and small areas, moving quickly. I apply this with my Sigma F84 brush... the IT foundation brush in my opinion.

I believe I have combination skin type, leaning towards oily. But some days this product was too much for me. The tiniest patch of dry skin will be exaggerated enormously, and I find it's easy to over apply and end up with foundation cake face. But I do love the coverage this offers and found that by mixing 1/4 to 1/3 of this with 4/3 to 2/3 of IT foundation I had the perfect mix for my face.
It also contains anti-aging and wrinkle reducing ingredients which are becoming "must haves" in my products. It lasts all day, but I do find myself blotting throughout the day... this might be due to the fact that I cut this foundation with another brand, and also the moisturizer and/or primer that I use.
Overall no regrets with this purchase. Hot humid days of summer are upon us... this will be reached for often :)

And a couple of blurbs from sephora.com:

What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens
- Synthetic Fragrances
- Synthetic Dyes
- Phthalates
- GMOs
- Triclosan

What else you need to know:
Immaculate is free of gluten and nano-particles. The formula contains clinical levels of two antiaging ingredients to create a youthful glow. Phytostem Edelweiss, an active derived from a rare Himalayan plant, slows collagen degradation and reduces wrinkle depth by 15 percent after 20 days of use. Lavandox, an ingredient extracted from Spanish lavender, reduces the appearance of wrinkles by 11 percent after 24 hours of application and inhibits muscle contractions that lead to the development of fine lines and wrinkles.

4 comments:

  1. Great review. I have heard a lot about this foundation but have never gotten around to trying it. How's the coverage? You say it's good for oily skin but does it cover up imperfections well? Too bad you need blotting... It looks pretty amazing otherwise, especially its impressive staying power.
    I usually use http://www.beauty.ps/tool/foundation when looking for a new foundation. It's a great foundation tool that'll help you find the right foundation for your skin type and the shade you need.

    Hope you like it :).

    Xx Lucy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lucy,

      The coverage of this stuff is outstanding, one of the best. I do need blotting, but I've read plenty of reviewers who don't... it's just one of those chemistry things :)

      Delete
  2. Great review, thank you! But have you tried applying this foundation just with your fingers? I like using a brush but sometimes during the week you run out, you have to wash them and it's all a bit of a hassle.. For finding the right formulation I love ps beauty and their foundation finder http://www.beauty.ps/tool/foundation and it was them, who recommended one the hourlglass foundations to me, I just wanted to look into it a bit more before I buy it. Sammy xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sammy,

      Years of battling cystic acne left me with not-so-attractive scarring. I do not apply this with my fingers because of the uneven surface of my face it does not spread easily or evenly (no foundation that I've tried does). I like to apply all my foundations with a dense synthetic brush that allows me to airbrush the product on.

      Delete