Saturday, June 1, 2013

OPI: Melon of Troy - nail polish swatch

Another OPI in my collection. I think I bought this shortly after watching Brad Pitt's Troy :)... I loved the name of this color. Sometimes that's how I end up buying a new shade... the name just gets me :)

Mani products:
Essie First Base - base coat
OPI Melon of Troy - color, two coats
Deborah Lippmann Boom Boom Pow - accent on my ring finger
Deborah Lippmann On a Clear Day - top coat
Zoya Hurry Up - drying drops
 No top coat or drying drops in this picture yet... and without hand lotion, my fingers are looking a bit tight... I think my skin is addicted...
 On the other hand, I do love this frosty melon. It leaves slight brush strokes, but I can live with that.
 With  two coats my nail line was slightly visible, but I didn't mind.

8 comments:

  1. It looks pretty! I really like the Boom Boom Pow as an accent :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you :) BBP is one of my fave accent polishes :)

      Delete
  2. How was it with the top coat? I'm sure the brush stokes went away? Love the color for summer!

    xoxo
    Essie
    www.DeJour06.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. if i can keep my hand steady, i don't mind visible brush strokes... it gives the nail that textured look that's in now :)... even with the top coat I could see them, but maybe that's because i knew there were there in the first place :)

      Delete
  3. The OPI colour looks lovely. A shame it leaves visible brush strokes though!

    Ria x
    naturiabeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know, but I find the shade pretty enough that I'll work with it :)

      Delete
  4. Ah, that's such a pretty and girly peach color! Love it!

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I felt I should have been sipping some sweet iced tea :)

      Delete