Sunday, June 9, 2013

Sephora by OPI: Under My Trench Coat - nail polish swatch

I remember when this color and others like it were all the rage a couple of years ago. But since then everyone has moved onto the textured/ombre nails polish rage, while I'm still stuck in the greige/crackle period :) I'm always a step or miles behind the trend :)

Anywhoo… I own only 4 Sephora by OPI bottles of polish. Only 4 because I just wanted those colors in my collection. While I do admire other shades, I don't indulge, for one reason and one reason only… I hate that damn brush. It's just too long, too skinny, and flimsy for my liking. I don't like the way it grabs paint, or the way it deposits the color on my nail. I need too many brush strokes, to get the job done. It frustrates me, and so I pass. Plus I'm somewhere around the 300 bottle mark in my polish collection, I seriously don't need another one that bad :)

Moving on to the mani products in order of application:
Essie First Base - base coat
Sephora by OPI Under by Trench Coat - color, 2 coats
Lancome Disco Silver - accent on my ring finger
Deborah Lippmann On a Clear Day - top coat
Zoya Hurry Up - drying drops
Onto the color. Simply lovely. A neutral with fine shimmer that just looks right with any outfit.
 So even if I think the brush sucks, I am glad to have this shade in my drawer.

No comments:

Post a Comment