Monday, August 5, 2013

Giant Regret - Kiehl's Calendula Herbal-Extract Toner

Ahhhh such high hopes for this stuff... such high hopes that were snuffed out.  I hate that this tiny bottle (125ml) cost me $30 CAD... and I regret ever putting this on my face.

It just goes to show you that no matter how many favorable and rave reviews you read about something... it does not mean that it will work for you the way it did for all those others.

This stuff sounds so great, alcohol free, for normal-to-oily skin type, made with whole flowers and pure extracts... and the most fabulous claim of all "may be used to improve problem areas".

I gave this stuff a go three separate times, because I just couldn't believe what was happening. But I just couldn't be in denial any longer. This has not improved any problem areas on my face, but it sure was the cause of several. Something in this bottle, made be break out... and not a tiny little whitehead... but huge massive painful breakouts... the kind that make you nauseous to just look at them, much less touch them. I got them on my jawline on both sides of my face, on both temples (terrifying)... and a horrendous beauty right smack in the middle of my forehead... I was never so glad to have bangs to try and hide that monster...

I have stopped using this toner a couple of weeks ago, the breakouts on my face are past their worst stage... but the marks that they left behind will haunt me for months... as will the fact that I spent so much money on something that has caused me so much discomfort...

4 comments:

  1. Oh no! That's terrible that it broke you out so horribly. You're right though, just goes to show how sensitive skin care is to the individual and how you can't predict how your skin will react to a product!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! So sorry to hear this :( :(

    You should visit a dermatologist or an esthetician to help you with those breakouts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the worst is over... i'll let time take care of the marks

      Delete