Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Like - Caudalie Purifying Mask

I seem to be on a Caudalie roll. This mask was acquired quite some time ago, when Sephora had a 15% of sale. I had my eye on this product for a while, but somehow I just had an issue with paying $42 CAD ($40 USD) for a 50ml tube. But once the offer came around I decided to give it a try.

Since I have problem skin and this a purifying mask I set my hopes high. The marketing literature helped as well. The claims:
- two types of clays soak up impurities
- minimize the size of pores
- remove dead skin cells
- won't dry skin
I always feel reassured when a see a seal.
Under the seal key ingredients:
- zinc: regulates sebum
- linseed: anti-comedon
- kaolin and bentonite clays: purify
- cypress, sage, and lavender: astringents
Now on the packaging the instructions state to spread this thinly and evenly on wet skin, wait 10 minutes and rinse... and I do. This mask has an herbal scent, clean and comforting. It feels soft and smooth upon application, and eventhough it's a clay mask it never dries down to a tight cement like film. Once I've left this on for 45min, and I could still smile and talk without worry of cracking my face :) This feels more like a thick cream than a clay mask.
This is lovely on, and my skin has not complained... but it also didn't have any remarkable results. I am pleased to use it, I like the texture.... but I don't see myself repurchasing.

2 comments:

  1. I do like to see some sort of difference after using a mask xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too, especially when it comes with a bit of a price tag :)

      Delete