Sunday, November 10, 2013

Aveda Botanical Kinetics Toning Mist

I did not purchase this product myself. I was running out of toner at the end of July, didn't know what to buy next... and then my husband comes home and hands me this. And so this is what I've been swiping over my face since. I'm more than 3/4 into the bottle... time to start researching what to try next.

However here I will share my thoughts on this. First, stuff that I learned from Aveda. Formulated for normal to oily skin with white oak, witch hazel, and peppermint; it is slightly astringent helping to balance your skin by controlling oil yet providing hydration as well. Well that sure sounded like a product that would benefit my face.

Second, the packaging; the bottle is a dark green glass. It has a spray nozzle... I suppose that's  were the "mist" comes in. I didn't spray this directly on my face, I just don't feel I want this near my eyes. I saturated a cotton pad first, and then gently wiped the toner over my skin.

Third, the impressions. It has a pleasant, light, herbal scent. It felt slightly cooling and very refreshing upon application; there was no stinging, and my skin did not experience any tightness after this has dried down.  Great "wake me up" in the morning... and a lovely perk in the evening after a long day. My skin felt soft and clean, but I don't think this has helped to balance or control my oiliness. My t-zone was not tamed by this mist. I think someone with a normal skin tone might like this a bit more.

Still it was free and really quite nice. I'm glad I got to try it, even if at this time I don't wish to spend my own money on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment