Saturday, November 2, 2013

Love - LaVanilla Labolatories The Healthy Deodorant - Pure Vanilla

So I fear I have a super power... and it's not a good one. I can sweat through any deodorant. "Strong enough for a man but made for a woman" slogan... well my pits crushed that brand... and Dove... and Degree... and you get the idea. Seriously I don't even have to be hot or sweaty... at a certain point during the day it it just spontaneously occurs... lack of control over my super power makes it a inconvenient nuisance :) I can perspire, no anti-perspiration deodorant can stop me :)

So a couple of months ago I decided to give up the chemical concoctions and opted for a more natural product. If I'm going to sweat I might as well sweat. I've passed this brand at Sephora a few times, and on one of my visits I just decided to buy it.

This weekend I will need to buy a replacement as I'm almost done with my original tube. LaVanilla makes several flavors, but I chose Pure Vanilla for my first go, because I'm a vanilla fan... next time I'm going to change it up maybe Lavender-Vanilla...

But first some of my observations. One, Pure Vanilla isn't your typical sweet sugary scent. It quite fresh actually, and very un-vanilla in my opinion, but still I quite like it. It does apply a bit wet in my opinion, but dries down quickly, and I didn't find that too be too much of an inconvenience. Be careful if you're putting this on and then a dark top, it does transfer easily, but it's also easily dry brushed off.
Of course as this is a deodorant you will sweat if you sweat :) which I do regardless, but this does keep me dry for a few hours. Re-application needed throughout the day... for me at least... I'm a beast. And yet I want to repurchase. Maybe it's the scent, maybe it's the "nature" girl in me that likes this natural product, and accepts the fact that even girls perspire. I just know I like it, I like it a lot, and I want it.

Ingredient list for those who wish to squint and read :)
One last thing which took me like a month to get used to. This is a screw cap not a pop-off cap. Every morning I would find myself pulling on the cap wondering why it's stuck... and then the brain gears would slowly start turning and I'd remember to twist not pull :)

No comments:

Post a Comment