Friday, November 29, 2013

Love - Lush Trichomania Shampoo

This is a repurchase. I recently used up the first chunk I bought a few weeks ago, and liked it so much I went back for another. 

As you can see on the sticker below it is meant for "dry hair" and "it smells lovely". First the scent... yes it's freaking unbelievably delicious.... if you like coconut that is, otherwise you won't be wowed much. I love coconut, and this has such a delicious creamy scent, that I'm in paradise each time I use it.

Second, the claim that it is meant for dry, frizzy, unruly hair.  I'm so confused on this one. While it lathers beautifully, and feels rich and creamy... when I rinse it out my hair feels stripped, and has super squeaky clean feeling, borderline almost comparable to straw.  How can something that claims to be super moisturizing, make your hair feel so not.

I follow the shampoo with a mix of two conditioners and so far my hair has been looking just fine. Lots of volume, lots of bounce... and I'm just a bit baffled.
So to use this product, step into the shower and wet your hair, grab a chunk of Trichomania and run it down your hair a few times. You'll be surprised at how quickly it lathers up into thick suds. Place the unused portion in a tight-lidded container, away from water. Do not leave this in a wet spot, it will melt and go all mushy and goopy and you'll run through it too quickly. That's why I had the SA cut my chunk in two. I rather use a smaller piece at a time, than a big chunk. Then shampoo, rinse, condition, rinse again... and enjoy.
Finally, the color is a lovely creamy pale yellow. I enjoy using this even if it feels strangely clarifying when rinsed out... I'll just have to keep note and see if there are any detrimental effects of using this in the long term.

2 comments:

  1. That looks really interesting. I've never tried a bar shampoo before, but I've heard people really like Lush's bar shampoos. :)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Yun,
      I don't like the scent of a lot of Lush shampoos... but this is the one that just won me over.

      Delete