Wednesday, November 13, 2013

SK-II Brightening Clear Lotion

Before I acquired this I just used up another SK-II toner. I liked it so much I wanted to repurchase, however at that time Sephora was all sold out (online that is, SK-II is not in Toronto stores, that I'm aware of). I dropped this in my basket, somehow being under the impression that this is a toner as well. It wasn't... still isn't :) My confusion stems from the fact that the previous SK-II toner that I used was also labeled "lotion"; and so I just assumed that this product was in the same category, with slightly different benefits.

This claims to exfoliate, clarify, brighten, and hydrate. All SK-II products contain the brand's star ingredient: Pietra.

"Pitera: A blend of vitamins, amino acids, minerals, and organic acids that work together to allow the skin’s natural surface rejuvenation process to function at its prime, enhancing the renewal of the skin’s outer layer. " 

 This brand has been built around this key ingredient, and every single of it's product contains some.
I find the word lotion is a bit deceiving. The first time I pumped this out I was so surprised at the consistency, thicker than water, thinner than a serum... not exactly something I'd qualify as "lotion". The instructions for use state to use a cotton pad to apply this to your face... but I'm not sure this is necessary. Most days I just use my fingers to spread this on my skin.
And this miss-purchase was a good one.  I started to apply this at night after I toned my skin, first using a cotton pad... then saving myself some cotton and product and just using my fingers. Half a pump is more than enough for my face... I think I need to include my neck and decolletage in the process.

This is a very light product that spreads easily and absorbs quickly. Non-sticky and non-greasy, it feels smooth and silky. I am also on board and agree with the brightening claim. My skin tends to be blotchy with plenty of post-acne dark marks... and I feel this has totally helped to lighten them. There is still plenty left, but when I look in the mirror I don't think they are as pronounced.

SK-II isn't cheap, this bottle cost me $70 CAD. Granted that only small amount is used every night, and so I hope this will last me for at least 7 month... in which case the price is bearable.

No comments:

Post a Comment