Thursday, January 9, 2014

Buxom Stay-There Eyeshadow in Poodle and Eyeshadow Brush

Bobbi Brown’s Sunlight wasn’t the only gold I acquired this past holiday season. On Boxing Day my husband and I ventured into Sephora for no other reason that it’s the “mother land” I need to pay frequent and regular visits to.

They had a nice display of items on sale ranging from $5 to $12. Many of these items retail for a whole lot more than that prior to Christmas, but the day after suddenly the festive packaging is no longer in demand and I scored some nice items at a fraction of original price. 

One of them was this great duo from Buxom. 
An open shadow pot enlightened me as to the colour, texture, and feel of Poodle; which is a gorgeous pale gold, extremely soft, and creamy.
 I did not know what the brush looked like, however I was willing to pay $12 for the shadow alone, so the brush just felt like a great bonus. For reference, the shadows retail for $23 and that brush for $21… so I scored this duo for practically 1/4 of the original price! You might be thinking the shadow is "sample size" but I'm here to tell you no, both shadow and brush are original size.
As already stated Poodle is a lovely, shimmery, pale gold, waterproof cream shadow. Texture can only be described as “spongy and bouncy”, I was truly surprised at how pleasant it is.
The formula is enhanced with aloe extract and vitamin E; and does not contain parabens, sulfates, phthalates, GMOs, or Triclosan.
The colour was and is a great base to press my BB Sunlight onto, and I used it to sort of mimic this look by the great Lisa Eldridge. Below attempts at capturing this stunner.
The brush came with this vinyl case. I don't really have use for this packaging. Daily this brush is kept together with all my other brushes, and should I take it with me when I travel, it will be packed with other brushes in one case to hold them all... so this packaging and I might be parting ways soon.
The brush is soft, dense, and compact. Feels like quality, and the shape is actually unique in my brush collection. I pat the shadow on with it, and it works great.
I must say that Sephora on Boxing Day will be on my annual to do list from now on. This was a great score, and I hope I’ll have many  more in the years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment