Friday, January 17, 2014

Love - Fresh Seaberry Moisturizing Face Oil

In my 2013 Favourites video I listed this product as being one of my best purchases in the past year, but I haven’t done a proper blog review of it… and I do want to rave about this product, which has been absolutely wonderful for my face.

I purchased this to serve as my nighttime moisturizer, because having an oily forehead at bedtime doesn’t bother me at all, and although I can be oily, my skin was entering the winter dry spell. Prior to using Fresh Seaberry Oil I was applying this Ole Henriksen disappointment. I must point out that so far this has been the only OH product that my face seriously disagreed with. I have nothing against the brand as a whole, my beef is with this cream only.

But moving on to this wonderful oil. The directions suggest to use 1 to 2 drops to moisturize your whole face… I use 3-4. Even by doubling the dosage I will not be running out of this anytime soon. The dispenser is a dropper, easy to control the exact amount… and since we’re talking drops here, the price justifies the amount ($59 CAD for 1.7oz).

Now Sephora highlights these ingredients with their respective properties”
-Seaberry Oil (Seabuckthorn Oil): A powerful antioxidant rich in moisturizing omegas 7 and 9 noted for protecting the skin from aging free radicals. 
-Cranberry Seed Oil: Maintains the skin’s elasticity and smoothness. 
-Omega 7: Enhances the skin’s healing process. 
-Omegas 6 and 9: Improve elasticity, softness, and smoothness. 
-Omega 3: Calms and soothes.

What they don’t list is the benefits of the the first ingredient in the ingredient list: Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, which is rich in vitamin E, has anti inflammatory and anti oxidant properties, prevents the pores from clogging, which leads to fewer breakouts. Potent concentration of linoleic acid means it is easily absorbed by the skin, making it a very effective moisturizer, leading to skin tightening, toning and of course smoothing out of wrinkles.

Second ingredient is Camellia Oleifera Seed Oil. Another oil rich in omegas 3,6, and 9, vitamin E and polyphenols. This oil is also highly moisturizing, a natural antioxidant, non-comedogenic, and it helps to maintain a healthy pH of the skin. Nicknamed the “olive oil of Asia” as the plant grows in East Asia and China it has been used for centuries in diet, skin care, and hair care in those parts of the world; and has thankfully made it’s way over to my part of the world.

I can go on with a few more oils included and their benefits but I’m sure if you’re interested you’ll do the homework yourself. I don’t wish for this post to become a 5 page essay :)

I will point out that this product does contain Fragrance, a deal breaker for at least one person I know, but not for me personally. Speaking of scent, I don’t think this product really has one. It’s soft and herbal, and not a distraction. Although if you take the time to scan through the reviews on Sephora there are plenty of people out there who'd disagree with me on this.

In the first 3 nights I used it, it has transformed my skin. Breakouts I was experiencing at the time calmed down significantly, skin became less irritated, more comfortable, pleasant to the touch. Now about a month later, I am of course kicking myself by not giving this oil a chance so so so so much sooner. I am having the best skin days since I hit puberty. Granted I still have much acne scarring and dark marks to face each day, but not having any new bumps to deal with makes me very happy. I’m not sure if I’ll continue to use this once hot, humid days of summer roll around, but this has been and currently is my winter saviour.

A winner hands down… and because of it’s success on my skin, now I’m wondering if Tsubaki by Boscia or ProGenius™ Treatment Oil by Nude might be even better… need to acquire some serious samples to test. For now this Fresh Seaberry Oil gets 5 stars from me.

Oh, lastly, I should mention the packaging; it is all glass, bottle and dispenser. I know “butter fingers” out there have fear of breakage and injury, but thankfully I am not one of them.

2 comments:

  1. Wow seems like this is really working for you. The only oil based product for the face I have used is by NUXE, it was good :-) xx

    Tia
    www.bellezzababe.blogspot.co.uk
    @Bellezza_Babe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have many HG products, but when I find one it's very exciting :)

      Delete