Friday, February 21, 2014

Omorovicza Cleansing Foam

Ok, whatever my stomach was going through, it has passed... whew... it was ugly. Now getting back into the bloggin grove. 

As I was nearing the end of my Sunday Riley Ceramic Slip cleanser I seriously contemplated repurchasing; the product is fantastic, the packaging drives me nuts. Before I dolled out the money for something that didn't live up to my expectations 100% I decided to splurge on an even more expensive cleanser with great reviews. I felt justified in my splurge once I received a $20 coupon in my inbox from Sephora and have celebrated getting a year older.

The cleanser with they serious sticker price is Omorovicza Cleansing Foam. Love the packaging; the wide upside down squeeze tube is right up my alley in convenience and practicality.

This is a Hungarian line with a patent protected mineral delivery system called Mineral Cosmetology™. This company promises firmer, suppler and younger looking skin as their products are more easily absorbed by the epidermis and dermis. Well before I invest in a moisturizer I needed to test drive a cleanser.

This beautiful pale seafoam green is aerated (has been whipped) and has a great light texture. It easily foams up to remove makeup and impurities. Claims not to strip skin of moisture, regulate sebum, and detoxify with copper.

Doesn't all that sound wonderful? I just couldn't wait to start slapping this on my face.
I've been doing just that every evening for over a month and a half, and I have a couple of thoughts and observations.

First while I was so excited about the packaging, it's not the right kind for the texture of this cleanser. I would prefer this in a little jar. I feel the fact that it is aerated works to the benefit of the company (more buck for less product). It also sticks to the sides of the bottle, and sometimes when I squeeze all I get is an air fart. Conclusion: the product is so light, that even sitting upside down gravity can't pull it down... that's a bit of a pet peeve of mine. I'm not impressed.
The cleanser itself is very nice. Looks great, smells great, feels great. Post 1 minute Clarisonic scrub, my skin is clean and soft. And I would love to say that forking over $75 for something that goes down the drain doesn't make me bat an eye, but honestly just thinking of doing it gives me a tick.

So it was one of those things I had to give a try. It's lovely while it lasts, but I draw the line at $30... ok maybe $40 for a cleanser... and save ridiculous splurges for birthday celebrations.

By the way, the inside of the box is super pretty... but that shouldn't be a reason for purchase :)

UPDATE (2014-03-16)
So when I could no longer get any cleanser out, I was decided to cut the tube open, and see how much if any is left clinging to the sides.
Wow... that's a lot of product left behind. I scooped it out into an empty container, to prevent it from drying out... and came to a decision that unless my salary miraculously triples, chances are slim that I will justify another $75 cleanser... I'd rather waste my money on moisturizers and serums, products I feel deliver more lasting skin benefits.

No comments:

Post a Comment