Sunday, March 23, 2014

Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour in Sandglow

At the end of January I splurged on a caviar stick from Laura Mercier. I've heard and read so many great reviews about these pencils that I figured I'll give one a try as well.
After swatching the whole lineup at Holt Renfrew I settled for Sand Glow. It might have been the gold undertone of this color that swayed me... as I was and still am in love with any gold type shadow. Packaging is simple and practical, an easy twist up tube for no fuss application.
I think the caviar sticks should be renamed cashmere, or at least Sand Glow should, because it is the only one I own and can speak for. This product is incredibly and I mean incredibly soft. I can't find the words to describe how this feels as I smooth it onto my lids... I see the color, but I can't feel the product.. it is weightless.
And not only is Sand Glow a gorgeous shimmery bronze... it blends extremely easily and extremely well. I suppose that is to be expected from pencils marketed for smokey eye looks. :)
I tend to wear this all over my lid, on its own. Once I get the coverage I want, I blend out the edges with a blending brush. However occasionally, I'll swirl my finger in Bobbi Brown's Sunlight and gently tap it on top of Sun Glow... and I love the fine gold sparkle it adds... as seen below... on the left with BB's Sunlight, on the right without.

No comments:

Post a Comment