Sunday, March 9, 2014

Laura Mercier Metalic Creme Eye Colour - Copper Sunrise

I saw this shadow at an LM counter and loved it... copper is my color of the moment. I swatched it, I loved it even more... but then I decided to ask for a sample before a splurge... and a very generous SA gave me more than enough to play with. 
This is Copper Sunrise from LM's spring line up. A limited edition release, which makes it all that much more special. I own a couple of other shades of the same formulation: Plantinum and Alloy (which by the way is a cream dupe for Burberry's Rosewood), so I knew the type of quality to expect.
Copper Sunrise is gorgeous. True copper beauty. Can be layered for a very metallic effect or sheered out for a coppery wash of color. I tend to wear is as a wash... maybe a bit heavier than shown on my swatch. Then I place a bit of dark brown in my outer corner blending out towards my crease. Some brown eyeliner, mascara and good to go.
Copper and blue eyes is a very nice match; and I've been making good use of my sample.
So much so, that I decided getting myself one little tube is worth the money.
LM also has a stunning bluish-gray gel eyeliner in this collection called Graphite. Blushing Noir paired both here, for one heck of a gorgeous eye. I wish this eyeliner wasn't  limited edition because I'm just not sure I deserve another treat, and by the time I  do it will be all gone.....

No comments:

Post a Comment