Friday, March 14, 2014

Nude Purify Cleansing Wash

To date this was my first and only Nude purchase. There might possibly be more in the future.

I bought this for my morning shower. To gently cleanse and wake up my skin. The marketing description on Sephora.com convinced me to give it a try. Key points that swayed me:
- meant to control breakouts and balance oily and combination skin
- contains cinnamon, ginger, and burnet root
- does not contain a whole bunch of bad stuff (ie. sulfates, parabens, GMOs etc)
- vegan
- gluten free
- 100% natural fragrance
- allergen-free

I like the consistency, it's semi-opaque with tiny white beads suspended throughout. I suppose the beads are meant to exfoliate, but there are not enough of them, and they melt really quickly. So I don't think there is much of a resurfacing effect. The cleanser feels gentle but effective... and really is a pleasure to use first thing in the morning.... except....

The 100% natural fragrance is not my favorite. Personally I can only describe it as "plastic vanilla cookie"... doesn't really smell very natural. The first few weeks, it was a bit off-putting... now after several weeks of using it, I'm still not a fan, but also no longer weirded out by it.

After I use this up, I'm moving onto something better scented. But I think eventually I might come back to Nude, it got my face clean without any negative side effects: no dryness, no breakouts... So one thumb up :)

4 comments:

  1. Great review. I've just nude in the past but not for ages. I used to love their cleansing oil x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm always tempted by their cleansing oil, but I've been in love with Boscia's for so long that I can't bring myself to cheat :)

      Delete
  2. I always hear a lot of good things about NUDE skincare but haven't tried anything from them yet. This sounds good but I know what you mean about off putting scents! x

    Evelyn @ We Were Raised By Wolves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, sometimes natural fragrance can smell very unnatural :)

      Delete