Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Project Make a Dent #1

So this little thing has been happening on the blogosphere. I learned of it from Rocaille late Jan, and vowed to myself to participate. But I'm a bit of a procrastinator, and it took me 2 months to get my stuff together. 

The idea is to use up some of the makeup in your collection. I find it easy to use up skincare products, but when it comes to makeup, the collection tends to grow, with very few empties to ever make the monthly empties video. So below my select few that I hope will join the empties pile... lets say by the end of the year???
1. Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Ex-Press - I've had this for over 3.5 years... wow... My first brow shaping and shading product (I don't think this set is made anymore). I've used up the wax, and highlighter eons ago, but the shadows are another story. As they are nicely pigmented, I don't need a lot to fill in my brows. My goal is to completely use up the dark shade... I barely use the lighter shade, and will not keep this around once 3 out of the 4 pans are empty.

2. Laura Mercier Secret Concealer #1 - I purchased this and used it for a little while. Then I found something better and forgot all about it. It's time I used it up.

3. Laura Mercier Smooth Focus Pressed Setting Powder - Shine Control - I purchased this because I felt I needed to have it. But I've used it so infrequently, that I never even reviewed it.
4. Pür Minerals Complexion Pür-fection Correcting Primer - I used up half a bottle, before I moved onto something else... so it's a product that I like. But I feel like I have one to many primers, and it's time I dwindled that collection down.

5. Shiseido Eye Shadow Quad in Rose Tones Q11 - I actually love this quad. As you can see I hit 3 out of the 4 shade pans. The shadows are soft, nicely pigmented, and blend easily. Spring is almost upon us, this is coming out of the drawer.

6. NARS Orgasm Blush - Sometimes I feel I'm the only one, but I seriously don't like this blush... the name or the color. I purchased this years ago, and only recently finally hit pan... see the spot in the pic :) This is not returning to the collection, it's staying out, and I'll make the best effort to use it religiously and be done with it. This is the really challenging item in my project, as I don't like it. But at the same time I can't bring myself to toss it. This was the first high end blush I ever bought... it cost me some serious $$ at a time when I really couldn't afford it, and shouldn't have splurged.... so I feel I must pay the dues of impulse purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment