Monday, March 31, 2014

VIB Rouge Spring Social - We went, We saw, We shopped :)

So yesterday my husband and I ventured to Sephora on Bloor for the VIB Rouge Spring Social event. I just wanted to see what it was all about, pick up a couple of essentials, save 15% off everything, and score a little gift in the process.

The event took place from 9-11am for those who registered. It seems spaces are limited. We arrived at around 10am and the place was hive busy. Still plenty of Starbucks muffins and coffee to go around. As for shopping, it felt a bit like a treat to be there during the off hours, but that's about it. Otherwise it's just another Sephora visit... which means shopping :)

The essentials we walked out with:

For Him:
The Art of Shaving Pre-Shave Oil and Shaving Cream - Discovered on our trip to Vegas. He hasn't shaved with anything else since. However his preference is the Lemon scented set, which Sephora doesn't carry... so second runner up the unscented duo.

Josie Maran Pure Argan Milk - His cheeks are dry... his skin needs hydration. But every single time we visited to Sephora the SA's would give him mattifying samples for oily skin types. It drove me nuts... in the end I chose what I felt would be good for him... I love this brand, love the packaging... and I think he will too.

For Me:
Estée Lauder Sumptuous Extreme Mascara - I need a new one starting Apr 1st. I was going for something by Lancome, but then the two little treats included in this set swayed me into trying EL for the first time.

Murad Essential-C Toner - Running low on my current choice. Needed a replacement and wanted to try something new.

Sephora Collection Classic Precision Liner Brush #92 - I just feel I need this tiny brush in my life.

In addition to the above, we received a pretty little makeup bag and a smorgasbord of samples.

It was fun, if a little bit early to trek up to Bloor on Sunday :) But we'll probably do it again if an event of this type comes around.

No comments:

Post a Comment