Saturday, April 19, 2014

Boscia Revitalizing Black Hydration Gel

Two days ago I finished this moisturizer, now it's time to put down my thoughts of it. First I must mention that I am a fan of Boscia skincare. Their cleansing oil, is an all time fave of mine; and I've gone through countless bottles. I just knew me and this moisturizer would get along.
The contents of this little jar are supposed to: hydrate, refine, brighten, and clarify your skin, as well as to minimize the look of pores, both instantly and over time.  I don't think my pores are any smaller, but then again I didn't take a before and after photos, so maybe there is a minuscule change...but I doubt it.
The product is protected from exposure to air. It doesn't dry out (not that any of my moisturizers ever did), and is protected from any cross-contamination (but I wash my hands before use, so that is never a concern of mine either). Maybe it denatures if exposed to open air, either way, I like this packaging, it didn't snag, it didn't clog, and amount dispensed was easy to control.
To dispense press down, swipe off, and moisturize; and you'll be moisturizing with ingredients such as (from Sephora site):
-  artichoke leaf extract - improves elasticity to help tighten pore walls
- charcoal - absorbs excess oil and impurities as it detoxifies
- glycolic acid - helps clarify skin and smooth rough texture
- vitamin C - helps brighten skintone and minimize fine lines as it defends from free radical damage
It's a grey-tinted gel moisturizer. Absorbs super fast, and despite it's color it does not give your face a gray cast. It is however a great light moisturizer, and other than the pore reducing claim, I feel it delivers on all it's promises.
Now you only get 1oz of product for $46CAD ($38 USD... got to hate the markup)... so it was very important that no product was left behind. I've read many reviews on it, all agreed that the gel is fantastic, but some claimed that the packaging is faulty, and that too much product is left behind when the dispenser no longer dispenses.

So when the time came, I had my husband pry the container open, to see what was left clinging to the parts... and there were lots of little components.
But I am happy to report, that practically nothing was left in the container. All I had was enough product clinging to this one little part (pictured below), for one more application.
The jar itself was squeaky clean, nothing was left behind.
This was lovely and I'd recommend it to anyone who likes gel type moisturizers.

At this time my curiosity has led me to try something different. But Boscia is a brand that I will make my way back to eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment