Saturday, April 12, 2014

Love: Kiehl's Ultimate Strength Hand Salve

I had so many things to show in my March haul video, that I totally forgot to share this item. Reason being, it was no longer part of the haul pile, but used frequently and daily.

To say that I love-crave-need-can’t live without-obsess over, hand cream is an understatement. My hand cream fixation is practically a disorder; and I am adding one more to my group of faves.

I purchased a tube of this shortly after I smeared some of sister’s into my hands. Throughout March I acquired 3 tubes: 1 is on my desk at work, 1 on my coffee table, and 1 I gave to my husband who has hands that need some tlc. Once I use up the tube of Caudalie that’s on my bedside table, this might take its place.

Before I tell you why I find this so fabulous let me grab a few key phrases from the essay stamped on the front of tube:

“Formulated for the driest, most active hands,
…” - I don’t think typing most of the day falls into this category, but I just thought if that’s who this cream is for than it will do wonders for me.

“… blend of select ingredients allows skin to actually draw and absorb water from the air…” - um like I seriously don’t buy into this, but love the claim nonetheless

“… contains blend of botanical oils - Avocado, Eucalyptus and Sesame Seed - as well as natural wax derived from Olive Oil…” - delicious ingredients are hard to ignore

“…helps protect against and repair the appearance of severe dryness caused by heavy industrial work (nope - desk job), manual labor (does carrying around a 7 lb chihuahua count?), neglect (not here), or exposure to harsh elements (yes - Canadian winter was a biatch)…” - match 1, I definitely had to have this :)

As to why I love it:
- texture: thick and rich
- scent: barely discernible eucalyptus, I like it, (it dissipates fast)
- formula: NON GREASY!!!

Seriously it’s the last one that blows my mind. For something that is supposedly aimed as sandpaper hands, this leaves absolutely no residue, no slippery feel, no greasiness, no noting. Once rubbed in, your skin is instantly protected, dryness is relieved, and if you were so inclined you can snap your fingers and actually make a sound.

Now in my previous posts (on body-foot-hand creams/lotions) I make a point of saying that I don’t mind a greasy feeling, but I must admit that this cream has the best of both worlds.

Finally, 150ml tube is around $28CAD… I can’t decide if that’s a lot or not. I feel this price point for hand cream is personal budget sensitive… for the fact that it works and delivers on its promises, I find it reasonable and I know I’ll be buying again.

No comments:

Post a Comment