Sunday, May 25, 2014

Jo Malone Black Cedarwood & Juniper Cologne

This item was not purchased for me but for my husband, but it was I who sampled it and could not let go. This scent is divine, addicting, and I am obsessed.

The London Rain collection was composed of 4 scents. Each in a different ombre glass bottle. Rain & Angelica in blue, Wisteria & Violet in purple, White Jasmine & Mint in green, and Black Cedarwood & Juniper in black. JM packaging is a favorite of mine, sleek, simple, contemporary.

I did not sample the first two, and did not care for Jasmine & Mint… but oh my, Black Cedarwood & Juniper is something special.

I don’t want to bumble along trying to sound like a fragrance sophisticate, because I’m not. Plus personally, no matter how many descriptive words and expressions someone uses, I still can never imagine the actual fragrance until it’s under my nose. I just don’t have the scent imagination. So I don’t want to waste my time, writing something that would most likely be a lie, others posses the gift, I don’t.

Off tangent. As a kid I wanted to become a “Nose”… you know one of those savants working in fragrance houses who are able decipher minute scent differences. Well that dream has died long ago :)

Still JM has provided this on their site:
“Midnight rain. Seductive with the carnal touch of cumin and chilli leaves. Dark with cedarwood. Humid with moss. Modern and urban.”

Beautiful. But seriously I don’t know what to expect by reading this. I just took a whiff, and I can’t place the cumin, or chilli, or moss… but it is seductive, and modern, and urban, and simply beautiful… and I think my husband will have to share :)

No comments:

Post a Comment