Sunday, June 29, 2014

Bobbi Brown Golden Beige - nail polish swatch

I finally, finally, felt safe with and confident enough in the strength of my nails to paint them. I looked back and my last nail post was over a year ago…. ughhhh time seems to fly.

Since I’m seriously out of nail painting practice (not that I was any good at it in the past), I chose a light shaky-hand forgiving colour.

Mani products in order of use:
Essie First Base - base coat (1 coat)
Bobbi Brown - Golden Beige (2 coats)
Deborah Lippmann On A Clear Day - top coat (1 coat)
Zoya Hurry Up - drying drops (10 drops - one on each nail)
I love this BB shade. There is not other way to describe it but as golden beige. It’s creamy and smooth with a lovely gold shimmer. I think 3 coats would give me total opacity, but I was satisfied with the look at 2. It applied evenly and smoothly... and I'm sure if it hasn't been a year since my last  nail polish application, the 2 coats would have been more even. Still, I'm happy with the results, quality, and this shade.
 After a couple of days tip wear started to show. (The nail posts that I see, where the blogger claims 5-10 days of wear without a chip, seem unreal to me. I don't know how it's possible :)) So I decided to extend it with some OPI Black Shatter. I'm sure the shatter phase is over, but I'm still on that band wagon... even if it's all by my lonesome :)
Here's to hopping that nails are on the healthy track, and many more nail posts :)

2 comments:

  1. It looks very pretty! Nice neutral :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, and the formula is nice and smooth as well

      Delete