Sunday, July 6, 2014

Love - Murad Essential-C Cleanser

I’m falling in love with Murad. Specifically their Essential-C line. Currently using a toner and a cleanser from the range and maybe once fall/winter rolls around I’ll sample the moisturizer. This stuff is just good.

I bought the cleanser, well because I needed one, and I chose Murad because I like to switch it up now and then; and because:
1. The simplicity of the packaging. Simple upside down tube. No eye catching graphics, and clear packaging. Love knowing how much product I have left before I need to replenish.
2. The amount of actual cleanser in the bottle. Compared to my other favourites  First Aid Beauty or Nude, this one works out to be the most wallet friendly.
Cleanser Size Cost Cost per 1oz
First Aid Beauty 4.7oz $30 $6.38
Nude 3.7oz $32 $8.65
Murad Essential-C 6.5oz $35 $5.38
3. The sent. Light, refreshing, orange. Yum.
4. The claims. Now this is were we all diverge. Some will agree some won’t. So let me break it down for you in more detail.
Murad’s Essential C Cleanser is “a patented antioxidant-rich cleanser that rehydrates environmentally damaged skin”. I’m a sucker for a good marketing line. I don’t think my skin is necessarily dehydrated, but since I live in a big metropolitan city, I do feel it is exposed to more environmental damage (plus all those sunburns I got as a kid).

Maybe it would make more sense for me to use this at night, but I like using it first thing in the morning. The sweet citrus scent is so pleasant. This is a gentle gel cleanser that doesn't really foam up. I hear that foam is stripping to skin, so it would make sense that this "hydrating" cleanser does not.

The best part is that my skin feels soft and comfortable after using this. No tightness, no dryness, but then again this product does claim to bind moisture to skin.

Lastly formulated without parabens or phthalates, and never tested on animals, this is just one great product from a great company.

No comments:

Post a Comment