Thursday, August 21, 2014

Dislike - Revlon Bold Lacquer Length & Volume Mascara

First, my disclaimer. I did not purchase this with my own money, neither was it provided to me by a PR company for a review or perk. This is one of those freebies that fell into my hands from someone who knows how much I love makeup.
I must say that Emma Stone sure does make this mascara look tempting in the ads. But I was never really convinced on the whole lacquer look, and that other mascaras look grey in comparison… Well Revlon refers to them as "traditional" which might be a reject they found in a sale bin at a dollar store for all I know. Because compared to my current BB fave, this does not stand out in finish at all.
Also I must say while the marketing pitch is great, and I’m sure Emma can’t get enough of fibber lashes. I did not like this one bit. It made my eyes itchy, fibres would become dislodged and I’d become a blinking mess, trying to get rid of the irritation. I found myself annoyed with this product, and could not face using it daily for the next 3 months. After 2 weeks, I delegated this to my empties pile (even though it’s not empty), and the trash can after I filmed the July Empties video.

No comments:

Post a Comment