Sunday, September 28, 2014

Boscia Tsubaki Oil-Infused Exfoliating Powder

I love Boscia's cleansing oil... love it... love it. I've repurchased countless bottles; and so when a new Boscia product appeared on Sephora shelves I couldn't wait to try it. 

Before this purchase I was exfoliating daily with Dermalogica's Daily Microfoliant, really like it. Thought about a repurchase then decided to try a new exfoliating powder, and so Boscia ends up on my bathroom shelf.
The packaging is beautiful and tickles my girly side. The product does settle quite a bit.
The opening is sealed; so if you ever buy one that's missing it, return it.
But once you pop the seal, the opening is a tad too big for my liking. Personally I feel too much product comes out each time, it's a tricky thing to control.
As for the product itself.... well it's sort of like the Microfoliant and nothing like the Microfoliant. It's a powder that  you mix with water to form a paste. Then you gently smooth it over your face in circular motion. So that's sort of like the Microfoliant. But it feels completely different. It is extremely creamy and it foams really well. It feels.... soft. The exfoliating granules are few and feel big, I don't get the feeling that they did much exfoliating, I was actually worried they might scratch my skin instead.

This morning I used the last little bit of it. So it took me approx 3 months to finish this bottle... and I'm on the fence. I like it because I love Boscia, this didn't break me out, and felt really nice... I didn't like it because I just didn't feel like it actually exfoliated, the foaming action weirded me out, and I'm just not won over.

So at this time, no repurchae... but there might be one eventually... just so I can makeup my mind one way or the other...

No comments:

Post a Comment