Saturday, October 25, 2014

Agave Oil Treatment

Watching beauty mavens on youtube leads to shopping... it's a fact. This is one of those purchases. She showed it in one of her hauls, and her description of it made me want to put oil in my hair as well. Hers is long, blonde, and lustrous, mine is fine, short, with more grays by the day :) I had nothing to loose. I placed my order with Sephora.

I've been using this for months now (9), and I'm about half way through the bottle. Eventough the oil is described as light-weight and non-greasy I don't want to take chances, and use a tiny amount each morning on my toweled dried hair along with some Alterna Caviar CC Cream (my hair is fine and thin to begin with, I don't need much). Since then my hair has been soft, and no dry, split ends in sight (I also try to get a trim/cut every 3-4 months).

The oil is clear, and has nice viscosity to it. One thing that I will disagree on with this vlogger, is that she described the scent as coconut. Nope sorry, no coconut for me in this bottle, to me it just smells sweet, like agave syrup. This is great because the scent doesn't compete with anything else I put in my hair, it just sweetens it :)

This is the description on Sephora.com:  
"Restore and rejuvenate unmanageable, frizzy hair with the hydrating and color-restoring sugars of the agave plant. Unlike heavy nut oils, this plant extract conditions hair with a light touch, building strength and resiliency, while helping boost vibrancy and color. Other natural botanicals like coconut, vanilla, sunflower, and safflower are blended with madagascar baobab seed oil to nourish and transform hair’s outer layer. "

With near perfect 5-stars, it seems after 283 reviews (at the time I'm writing this) majority agrees with these claims, and so do I.

I should run out of this in another 9 months... I'm not sure if this is what I'll repurchase, I like to switch up my products, but I do know there will be a replacement hair oil on my bathroom shelf.

No comments:

Post a Comment