Saturday, October 4, 2014

Love - Bobbi Brown Smokey Eye Mascara

I think I found my favourite mascara. I don’t know how long this love affair will last, but I’m already contemplating a repurchase.

Bobbi Brown mascaras were not on my radar. I had no plans to purchase one. But after 2 weeks of trying to get used to my 3rd quarter choice, and hating it, I reached into my sample stash and came up with this.

I did not have any high hopes for it, I was just wanting it to be better then this disappointment. Well after the first drag through my lashes, I was smitten.

Description on Sephora.com informed me that this is a kohl-pigmented mascara ideal for smokey eye looks (I suppose the name should have clued me in). I don’t wear a smokey eye very often, if I do it’s a very natural one, or an accidental one. So while maybe marketed for a dramatic eye look, I like this for my everyday.

I love the creamy formulation of this mascara. It applies without clumping, and after 2 coats my lashes are nicely separated. I don’t experience any smudging or flaking throughout the day, and after it dries down my lashes still feel soft to the touch.

I absolutely love this stuff, don’t love the price ($37 CAD with taxes… one of the most expensive for me), but still I think this is the one I want to go back to.

I read some reviews, in which the reviewers totally disagreed with everything I wrote. Glad that happened after I gave it a try, otherwise this personal gem might have never been found.

I'm sorry I don't have any actual lash shots for you... but somehow I never got around to it. I might update this post in 2015 when I make my re-purchase. Although I don't know if I actualy have any sway in any of your decisions :) Bobbi Brown counters (at least the one at Holt Renfrew on Bloor in Toronto) has little samples; ask for one... $37 is a lot to pay for something you might hate :)

No comments:

Post a Comment