Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Peter Thomas Roth - Skinstant Mask Magic - Rose Stem Cell, Cucumber Gel Mask, Pumpkin Enzyme Mask

I bought this set when it first came out in August... or rather shall we say when I first spotted it on Sephora shelves (it's possible this came out weeks earlier... I have hard time keeping up). Any-who I don't see the set on the selves anymore, but one can purchase these individually (the jars of course are a tad bigger as well).

The breakdown of these colorful jars:
Pink - Rose Stem Cell - age repair
Green - Cucumber - soothe, hydrate, and detoxify dry, irritated skin
Orange - Pumpkin Enzyme - exfoliates dull, aging, congested skin

I've tried them all, and they're all great in their own way... but I really like only the top two. Rose and Cucumber are gel masks, that feel smooth, cooling, and comfortable. I have left both on for more than the recommended time of 10 minutes and no negative side effects.

The Rose mask does warm up on my skin a tad, and I mean a tad. It never becomes uncomfortable; and when I rinse it off, my skin has a rosy flush for a few minutes.

Cucumber just rocks. I love this stuff. I don't consider my skin to be dry, but it does need soothing, and this does the trick.

Pumpkin is fire in a jar... seriously. 3 minutes is too long for this to sit on my face. It doesn't tingle, it doesn't warm up... it simply burns. So much so, I seriously thought I melted off a couple layers of my skin. It feels granular, and your supposed to exfoliate as you rinse off, but since it felt as if my skin was melting already, I just take this off my face as fast as possible. Then try not to make eye contact with the beet in the mirror.  This is the one I will not repurchase. I don't consider myself to have sensitive skin, I think it's quite hardy actually... but this, this makes me feel like I'm tissue paper... I can't take it, I don't understand who can. 

When I rinse off the rose and cucumber my skin feels healthy. When I rinse off Pumpkin my skin feels like someone took sandpaper to it. Personally I can't recommended it, but at the same time, if you like exfoliating masks, then I suggest a sample first... I'm just not a fan.


No comments:

Post a Comment