Saturday, November 22, 2014

Smashbox 24 Hour Photo Finish Shadow Primer

My Sephora order arrived yesterday... next post will be my VIB Rouge sale haul :) But today, my thoughts on a primer.   

 When it comes to eyeshadow primers I prefer mine in packaging that doesn't involve a wand. I have come to this conclusion after 4 years of serious makeup loving. Previous to this Smashbox purchase, I used to prime my eyelids with NARS (a favourite among many). I liked it, but I wasn't going to be faithful to it.

I got seduced by Smashbox. Promise of 24hr hold (not that I'm awake 24hrs straight that often anymore), lovely pink formula (who doesn't like pink), and I really liked the tube packaging.
Now first off, the pink formula of course turns translucent once applied. You are not left with pink hued eyelids. And the shadows hold, and wear very well for all my makeup wearing hours. No smudging, fading, or creasing.

But... and I can't believe I'm saying this I don't like the packaging. It just doesn't suit this primer. In my opinion this product is too thick and dense for a tube. This would be better suited in a jar/pot in which I could swipe my finger or brush and apply to lid. I was both surprised and annoyed the first time I tried to get some product out and the amount of force I had to apply to this tiny thing.

Product is great, packaging is not. I'm about halfway through, and I know I'm not repurchasing. Smashbox needs to either a) make the formula more fluid or b) change the packaging.

After I polish this off, my sight is set on the Candlelight and Champagne primers from Too Faced... yes I need/want/will acquire both of them.


No comments:

Post a Comment