Thursday, November 20, 2014

YSL Touche Eclat Radiant Touch #2

November has been such an incredible beauty month for me. I just die when I think of all the beautiful things I acquired. Can’t wait to swatch, show, play, wear, and report back on them all. I hope my Sephora order arrives this week so I can finally film my VIB Rouge sale video. It has to be separate from my regular monthly haul video, there’s just too much to show and discuss.

But while that is still to come. I have to throw my opinion out there regarding YSL’s Touche Eclat pen. I did not spend my own money to acquire this. While I’ve been curious, $50CAD just seems outrageous. However free always changes my game plan.
There are 12 shades (I looked it up), I have shade number 2-Luminous Ivory -  which is described as “for fair to light complexions with yellow undertones“. It’s ideal for my skin tone. I only use it underneath my eyes to dissipate those shadows and make myself look more perky and awake. I don’t rely on just this to do the concealing job because I find that it’s not quite pigmented enough, I layer it on top of a concealer (currently one by Laura Mercier).
I do love the click pen dispenser. I dab a few times underneath my eyes, and then use a damp Beauty Blender to actually get the job done. Texture is very pleasant, smooth and creamy; and while this doesn’t completely erase the dark shadows, it definitely lightness and brightens.

However it’s fifty large… and I think I’d rather buy the one by Clinique for half the price and basically equivalent quality.

No comments:

Post a Comment