Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Clinique Chubby Stick in Super Strawberry (07)

I've seen several favorable reviews about Clinique's Chubby Sticks when they first came out. I wanted to try one... but Clinique is not a makeup brand I gravitate to, and I wasn't sure I really needed another lip product... or that I would like it... shade options were also something to consider, and I was undecided. 

But this holiday collection finally settled my dilemma... and I've added a mini Chubby Stick in Super Strawberry (sheer berry pink) to my collection (well actually to my purse).
It's described as "nourishing" and "moisturizing" lip balm.  It does feel very comfortable and light when swiped on the lips... non-sticky and without any scent (to my nose).
Color payoff is minimal (this swatch is heavily layered). But it is described as "sheer" so I didn't expect much. For a quick swipe on the go without a mirror this is perfect. The fact that the pencils twist up and need no sharpener make them that much more convenient.
I might check out other shades, but that doesn't mean I will purchase. Deep down I'm still a gloss girls, followed by lipstick, followed by a tinted balm :)

No comments:

Post a Comment