Wednesday, January 14, 2015

MUFE Acqua Shadow Pencil in 20E & 28E

I don't know if MUFE sells these pencils anymore. I got them a while back, when Sephora had this duo set. I actually got two sets, one I took with me to Cuba for an easy day eye that would hold up in water, the second one I gave to my sister.
I stumbled upon these unopened gems while packing... and wondered how they compare to Laura Mercier's Caviar sticks.
Well the colors are very pretty; 20E is a lovely frosty taupe, and 28E is a lovely frosty beige champagne.  The color payoff is beautiful and they wore very well all day with occasional dips in the ocean. I like them on their own or as a base for other shadows.
But I must say that in texture they don't even come close to LM caviar sticks. These aren't as creamy and you have to put in some time, patience, and wrist action to blend them out.
But they apply evenly and are great on the go; and while I don't have any plans or need to acquire more, I don't regret this purchase either.

No comments:

Post a Comment