Thursday, February 12, 2015

Caudalie Lip Conditioner

Lip conditioner is essential in my routine. I need it on my bathroom shelf, and reach for it first thing in the morning and before bed. I usually layer something over it but balm base is a must.

I've tried a few different brands over the years, eventually working my way over to Caudalie, which has a number of products I've tried and loved. (Obsessed with their hand cream) I was looking to add another one to my fave list.

Packaging is a standard twist up tube with a pretty design. Balm has good consistency, glides on easily and evenly. Has a barely there scent and almost no flavor (to my senses). It's a perfect unisex balm because it also does not have a shiny finish, it just makes your lips look healthy.

Now, my husband loves it and is on his 3rd tube... well 3rd and 4th I gave him mine as well. I'm not a fan... and it just comes down to personal likes. Because this balm has a lot of love on Sephora.com. I'm just a girl who likes something heavier. Even though I will cover the balm with gloss or lipstick, it needs to have some substance on its own.

I like a balm that I can wear by itself if I want (even if it's rarely). With Caudalie I couldn't, a few minutes after applying it I felt as if I had nothing on my lips, and I would start to get antsy. So here is the dilemma the product is perfect and lightweight, so lightweight that my lips can't get used to it.

Which means I can't give it thumbs up but my husband can and does. You can make up your own mind :)

No comments:

Post a Comment