Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Urban Decay Makeup Setting Spray: All Nighter vs De-Slick

I've passed these by countless times at Sephora, sometimes I would pause and contemplate but I've always talked myself out of the purchase.

This year I finally gave in. I didn't want a full-sized version since I didn't know which one would work best for me. Luckily my Sephora had both of these travel ones in stock. So I bought both to compare. 

I tend to be oily-combo. My gut told me De-Slick is probably it, but I couldn't pass up an opportunity to find out how All-Nighter compares.
I am not sure why there are two caps. Seems a bit excessive.

As you know these are meant to make your makeup last longer. So you spray this as a final step in your routine. I found the mist to be fine, the distribution even, and the scent light and bearable. It also dries down really quickly.
This might be a vegan product (feel good), but I won't be repurchasing. Because I can't tell the difference, between the two or without. I've been playing with these for over a month. With or without my face produces the same amount of oil.

I am starting to worry that it's actually beginning to produce more, as I feel that the skin on my face is becoming drier in the last couple of weeks. These are the only new additions to my routine... sooo....

Also since I couldn't tell the difference between All-Nighter and De-Slick I navigated to Urban Decay site for an ingredient list; and here is what I learned.

All-Nighter De-Slick
Water (Aqua) Water (Aqua)
Alcohol Denat Alcohol Denat
Polyhydroxystearic Acid Polyhydroxystearic Acid
PVP PVP
Methyl Perfluorobutyl Ether Methyl Perfluorobutyl Ether
Methyl Perfluoroisobutyl Ether Methyl Perflouroisobutyl Ether
Dimethicone PEG-7 Phosphate Dimethicone PEG-7 Phosphate
PPG-3 Benzyl Ether Myristate PPG-3 Benzyl Ether Myristate
Caprylyl Glycol Caprylyl Gylcol
Methyl Methacrylate Cross polymer Menthyl Methacrylate Cross Polymer
Poloxamer 407 Poloxamer 407
Sodium Hydroxide Sodium Hydroxide
Sodium Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate Sodium Cocamidopropyl PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate
Glycereth-5 Lactate Glycereth-5 Lactate
N,2,3- Trimethyl-2-Isopropryl Butamide N,2,3-Trimethyl-2-Isopropyl Butamide
Ethylhexyl Isononanoate Ethylhexyl Isononanoate
Isononyl Isononanoate Isononyl Isononanoate
Fragrance Fragrance
Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract Aloe Barbandensis Leaf Extract

Well according to UD the only difference between the two is the name and color of the text and cap. Hmmm clever marketing????

Glad to have found that out. Plus all these chemical words are making me feel plastic... my face and I take a pass on this product.

No comments:

Post a Comment