Monday, April 20, 2015

B. Balenciaga - perfum thoughts

I ordered this perfume out of curiosity. It was all over the internet and beauty/fashion magazines at the end of 2014 and into 2015. The scent described as "green and woody" with lily of the valley and edamame just had such delicious temptation for me. 

At first I could not find it in any Toronto stores, and instead of being patient and waiting until it was... I justified a rollerball purchase. Because based on all the scent descriptions and reviews I read I was convinced that I was going to love it... and it was going to become my "it" scent.

Well it arrived and I don't and it isn't. I don't hate it, but I don't have any love for it either. I will use it up on vacations and odd weekends, but it's not something I think to reach for when I want to apply some scent. 

I would describe this fragrance as "bright", "fresh", and yes "green"... I don't know why I don't love it... something about it just doesn't do it for me... It's beautiful and the packaging (for the full sized version) is stunning... I understand why it has mass appeal, but I'm not part of the group.

No comments:

Post a Comment