Sunday, April 26, 2015

BBG - Pre-Training Week 1

Monday - Legs & Cardio
Here is the drill. Kyla provides two quick sets with 4 exercises in each. You go through the first set as many times as you can in 7 minutes. Then you rest for 30 to 90 seconds (I chose 60), then you go thorough the second set as many times as you can in 7 minutes… break for 30 to 90 (60 in my case) and repeat set 1 and set 2.

But omg… did I ever work. Moves look simple and straightforward on paper (or laptop) in my case. But I was sweating, and I mean dripping sweating… beads of moisture rolling of my whole body… and at one point, I didn’t think I’d make it to the end.

One of the moves required a jumping rope. I have one, but no room in my living space to swing it. So I jumped a pretend jumping rope. Still got my heart rate up, and did not have to stop to untangle the rope from between my feet (I’m not really good are rope jumping).

So 4 sets of 7min and 3 breaks of 1 min... all in all 31 minutes and I’m done. Sounds easy enough.

Tuesday: LISS (low intensity steady state)
Kyla explains that this can be basically a brisk 35-45 minute walk at 6-6.6kmph (3.7-3.9mph). I really don’t know how fast that is (it’s probably my jogging speed :)). But I walked home from work as fast as I could… hope that counts.

By the way my bum and legs are feeling Monday’s workout.

Wednesday: Arms and Abs.
I could barely roll out of bed this morning for Tracy. Upper thighs are feeling the Monday workout burn double today. I thought I was in better shape than this :).

Arms and abs rocked. My upper body needs some serious strengthening. Need to learn to love push-ups :)

Thursday: LISS (low intensity steady state)
Same as Tuesday, walked home from work. Didn't have the burn in arms that I did in legs the next day... but I did have telltale ache... Did I work hard enough? :)
 
Friday : Full Body (optional)
So seeing "optional" had me a bit tempted to skip it... because it seems that just as with legs the real impact of my workout doesn't make itself apparent the day after but two days after. Sweet burn in arms and abs on Friday from Wednesday's routine.

But I re-grouped and went for it; and "full body" is just that... 8 moves targeting everything. I took it easy with squats because I had strange tightness in the back of upper right tight (just below the bum) and powered through everything else..... and pre-training week one is done.

Saturday Kayla recommends stretching and rehabilitation... ummmm so you know for me that just meant an extra hour of rolling around in bed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment