Monday, May 11, 2015

BBG - Pre-Training Week 3

Last week was week 3... and here is how it went:

Monday - Legs & Cardio
Here comes week 3 :) Kayla steps it up and introduces weights. You need a 6-12kg (13-26lb) kettle bell... which I do not have. But I do have 10lb, 15lb, and 20lb weights, and so I started of with 10 today. You also need 3-6kg dumbbells... and I have 3, 5, and 8lb so I was covered. As well as a jumping rope (I used my imaginary one), and a bench, I used my ottoman :)

It was a hard workout. Feeling great now as I'm typing this up but the floor was slippery with my sweat during the sets. I could do the first set twice and start round 3 before 7 min ran out. The second set was much harder for me and I only got through it 1.5 times in 7 min.

Burpees are my kryptonite :)

Tuesday: LISS (low intensity steady state)
Walking home from work

Wednesday: Arms and Abs.
Arms and abs Wednesday was killer. I realized I don't mind tricep dips, because I can at least get through all the required reps. The move that has me dying is Commandos... yowza... Kayla recommends 20 reps (10 per side)... I can only manage 5 per side, then my arms turn to wet noodles. Seriously it's like trying to balance a brick on two boiled spaghetti strands... ain't gonna happen. Upper body strength needs some serious strengthening...

When 30min after the workout your arm trembles trying to lift a forkful of food to your mouth, you can't deny the obvious... you worked... you worked hard... but you need to work harder... you have weak baby arms :)

Thursday: LISS (low intensity steady state)
Walking... walking... walking
 
Friday : Full Body (optional)
"Optional" and I opted-out... just wasn't my Friday.

Saturday: Friday's Full Body + Rehabilitation
So I skipped Friday... but I did my Friday on Saturday. Full body, had me sweating in no time... burpees and jump lunges are a challenge and 15 pushups in a row wasn't easy. But I'm feeling good.

After the morning session, indulged in some brunch... then... LISS in the park :)

No comments:

Post a Comment