Saturday, May 23, 2015

BBG - Week 1

So the pre-training is over... 4 weeks have come and gone, and my body should be ready for what Kayla has coming my way.

Monday - Legs & Cardio
Maybe it's a mental thing (knowing I'm no longer pre-training), but damn today felt hard. Legs and cardio had me sweating. I managed the first two circuits twice each in 7 minutes... but when I attempted the first circuit for the second time (round 3 out of 4), I only managed to get through it 1.5 times... same thing for the second go at circuit 2 (round 4).

All those squats and lunges will be felt tomorrow :)

Tuesday: LISS (low intensity steady state)
Walking home from work

Wednesday: Arms and Abs.
Arms and abs, arms and abs. First circuit was all arms, second circuit was all abs. I would have preferred if Kyla interchanged the moves, so instead of arms, arms, arms, arms ... we had ams, abs, arms, abs. Because doing four exercises in a row that target a specific muscle area, even if it's for only 7 short minutes is exhausting and seems to last forever. I'm trying to convince myself that I'm seeing a difference, but it's more of a feeling at this time.

Thursday: LISS (low intensity steady state)
Walking... I'm going to get bored of my music and Songza only gets me so far. Need to dedicate some time this weekend to find a good podcast. I do not want to Audible... prefer to read my own books not listen to them.
 
Friday : Full Body (optional)
Why are Fridays optional? Can I possibly get Kayla results if I only do her routine 2 times per week (+ LISS days)... I am doubtful, and therefore don't skip Fridays. If I can't do Friday's routine on Friday, I simply do it on Saturday. Don't want to delay my six pack by skipping a day :)

Saturday: LISS + Rehabilitation
LISS easy... I can always find an excuse to walk the city.... Rehabilitation, do drinks at the Ritz count? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment