Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Shu Uemura Cleansing Beauty Oil Premium A/O Advanced Formula

Isn't this a cute bottle... cute and creepy at the same time... it's the red eyes that get me. A result of collaboration between Shu Uemura and Karl Lagerfeld.

I would like to mention right off that  I did not purchase this, but I still want to talk about it, because I love it and the replacement will be paid for with my own money.

For the longest time Boscia was my oil cleanser of choice. But Boscia comes in only one size, and since this is something I use every single day, I would use it up rather quickly.

I was always curious about Shu Umeura and their selection of cleansing oils (they have a few), but I just wasn't willing to part with my money. So when this fell into my hands I was very excited; because I was finally going to experience what the hype is about, and if the hype was going to be true for me as well, then I've just found a cleansing oil that comes in mega size (450ml).

My version was the anti/oxi skin refining formulation (green in color). It claims to address skin dullness and aging with moringa and green tea extracts. Since I live in a big city and I'm closer to 40 than I am to 30, anything with above claims and a promise to fight and remove pollutants has my interest.

At the beginning I was put off by the scent (somewhere in between mineral oil and plastic to my nose). But I got passed it, and now I don't even notice it. What I love is how well this melts my makeup off. Just as good as Boscia, nothing I put on my face can withstand this oil, and at the end of the day it is dissolved with ease.

It's this makeup removal power plus the fact that it comes in a super sized bottle that has me planning a repurchase. I just found my new fave, and I love that my local Sephora has it on its shelves. I will get anti/oxy again for sure and then try to score a sample of Blanc, Porefinist, and Ultime8.

No comments:

Post a Comment