Saturday, July 18, 2015

BBG - week 9


Monday - Legs
Week 9 starts with a photo reminder. I skipped it. I just don't see the change that I was hoping for at this point. On one hand I can't help but feel a bit discouraged, on the other I am not throwing in the towel just yet. I've decided not to decide on the effectiveness of this program after 12 weeks, but after 52.

Today was all about legs. Lots of squats. I'm annoyed with the fact that Kayla requires two gym benches for one move... seriously you need to have a substitute for this one. I just did Split Squats. I love to work out in my living room, and I don't have the room for these accessories. Pretty sure, bum will be feeling today's workout tomorrow.

Tuesday: LISS (low intensity steady state)
The usual walk and podcast.

This morning I finished Metamorphosis by Tracy Anderson for the second time. I wanted to purchase continuity DVDs but it seems you have to enroll in a monthly membership to do that. I just don't want to... have to give it some thought. For now I'll re-start it for the third time.

Wednesday: Arms
I hit a discouragement wall today. Came home from work and just couldn't bring myself to put my sports bra on. Instead I had a beer and watched the documentary on Pluto.

Thursday: Wednesday's Arms & LISS (low intensity steady state)
Woke up this morning and gave myself a mental pep talk. Then put the sports bra on, and faced Kayla's Arm routine. Hard stuff (3 of the moves are pushups). First circuit required double benches for triceps dips. A single ottoman does it for me. Second circuit requires a bosu ball for modified burpees. Don't own one, don't plan to buy one. I have to say second circuit was killer, it started of with broad jump burpees and ended with bosu burpees... a lot of burpees. I just did a double set of regular ones... sweaty work.
 
Friday: Abs
My Wednesday moment of weakness is over, but Friday's are for taking a load off, putting my feet up, having a glass of wine, and binge watching American Greed (love that show).

Saturday: Friday's Abs + LISS (low intensity steady state) + Rehabilitation
Up at 6 for those Abs I passed on yesterday. I think ab moves are my favorite; one, because that's the area I need the most help with, and two, just like today other than my ottoman and a pair of weights, no special equipment needed. Now I wish my abs looked at tight as they felt :)

Heading to a farm today for some berry picking.... now that's some LISS and rehab.

No comments:

Post a Comment