Friday, July 31, 2015

Charlotte Tilbury Luxury Palette - The Rebel

Charlotte Tilbury finally made it to Canada :) You can lighten your wallet at Holt Renfrew on Bloor in Toronto if you so desire. I went, looked, and swatched, but it's my husband who bought me my first Tilbury treat.
The treat being an eyeshadow quad. On the back of the packaging Charlotte provides an application guide... to follow or not to follow is your choice. I do not :)
I can only describe the packaging as chic...
The palette is called The Rebel but I am not, so I will not be wearing the shadows as modeled in the ad even if Charlotte claims to have “decoded the secret to mesmerizing eyes”.  Although if I looked like the model, or had more than just basic makeup skills, I might have been tempted to try the look.
That is not to say I do not love the colours, because I do. The champagne obviously is my favourite, easy to wear any day; and I alternate between the greens, usually to line my eyes, sometimes to lightly shade the outer corner.
I love the look of the sparkly one, but it's also the hardest to work with. It feels a bit chunky (it's the glitter), and has a bit of fallout. Still I find a magnetic pull between it and my brush.
Below a couple of swatches... first in direct sunlight, and second in natural light...
The palette is beautiful... a luxurious treat if you can justify it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment