Monday, July 20, 2015

Maybelline Waterproof Gel Eyeliner - 5 shades

So I have more Maybelline to share (disclaimer: I did not purchase these). Someone who  knows of my love for makeup, gifted these to me; and now I am the owner of 5 gel liner pencils.

These looked very promising and I was super excited to tear into the packaging (especially the blue one).  Ok, to be honest, I wasn't that excited about the white one. I was all about the white eyeliner (no lie) when I was 16... now not so much.

The colors from left to right:
Cashmere White (606)
Lusturous Sapphire (605)
Glazed Toffee (604)
Smooth Charcoal (602)
Sleek Onyx (601)
The consistency and color intensity of these has me reaching for one or the other (except white) every morning; super smooth and soft (think Giorgio Armani without the price tag), matte, easy to smudge out, and long lasting. By long lasting I mean on my lash line, not my water line (I just don't like lining my inner eye rim).
Currently these are the only 5 shades in this collection (I would like to see a green and an aubergine as well), and Maybelline claims the pencils are waterproof. I haven't had the urge/need to test that, I'll just take their word for it. Comes off easily enough with Shu Uemura cleansing oil.
I am loving all my recent Maybelline additions to the collection. Can't believe that this is a drug store product. Who knows maybe one day I'll even re-visit a drug store foundation.

No comments:

Post a Comment